Description: This course covers the major revisions to the Principal and Income Act passed by the 2012 Florida Legislature; changes that become effective January 1, 2013. If you are interested in accounting and reporting for estates and trusts or if you need to be familiar with Florida's Principal and Income Act, you need this course. Learn to handle fiduciary accounting engagements, including consideration of Florida law with respect to fiduciary accounting.
• Is there GAAP for estates and trusts?
• Basic Estate and Trust Administration
• Setting up accounting system
• Florida's Principal and Income Act: Florida Statute 738, will be explored in-depth and applied in computing fiduciary accounting income
• Relationship between taxable income and Fiduciary Accounting will be explored in-depth
Gordon is the senior shareholder of Spoor + associates, P.A., and a founding shareholder in the investment advisory firm of ARS Wealth Advisors, P.A. He has been married for 39 years and has 4 children and 10 grandchildren. Gordon holds the designations of CPA, PFS (Personal Financial Specialist) and CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant).
He is active in the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He currently serves on the AICPA Tax Executive Committee and is Past Chair of the AICPA Trust Estate and Gift Technical Resource Panel. Gordon is a frequent guest lecturer in the areas of estate planning, fiduciary accounting and income tax and has been awarded an FICPA Outstanding Discussion Leader Award every year since 1992. He also serves on the Board of the National Down Syndrome Society.