ACPEN Signature courses are the flagship CPE events of ACPEN, and the top of the line in CPE programing.
Signature courses, begin in May each year, continue monthly throughout the year, and are replayed for live credit several times, including in December and January.
Each showcases important and timely CPE topics, using enhanced production techniques, and are delivered by panels of national experts, practitioners, and representatives of regulatory and standard setting bodies.
To see what courses are included in this year, please click on the ACPEN Signature category below.
Description: Do you have foreign individuals or entities as clients? If so, you should attend this course to acquire knowledge and practical how-to approaches on foreign investment in the United States, as well as numerous types of passive and active business investments.
* Resident vs. non-resident alien status for individual investors
* Survey of investment vehicles used: those providing greatest benefits and alternatives to avoid branch profits tax
* IRS and related federal and/or state filing requirements
* Tax consequences of holding passive investments or actively operating U.S. real estate and other business activities
* Tax effects added by Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act and the withholding tax on dispositions of U.S. real property interests by foreigners
* Procedures required to obtain tax treaty benefits
* Recent developments