Totally revamped for 2013, this course centers around the most common errors and regulations that impact the practice of public accounting in Florida as well as real-life ethical issues faced by individuals and organizations. It addresses newly revised and proposed interpretations, rulings, and legislation that affects CPAs in both public accounting firms and employment in industry, government and education. The course complies with the ethics requirements for Florida CPAs as set forth by the Florida Board of Accountancy.
CPE Credit: Ethics
Cecil "Pat" Patterson, Jr., CPA is an award winning author, speaker, and discussion leader for continuing education courses and numerous state societies. His degrees include a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master of Business Administration. In addition to being in charge of his own CPA firm for over thirty years, Mr. Patterson has experience at the national CPA firm level, at the corporate level as a chief financial officer, and as an adjunct professor at the university level.
His firm is involved in the full spectrum of CPA activities including auditing, accounting services, federal and state corporate and individual income tax preparation, and consulting services to clients, businesses, and other professionals. The AICPA recognized the firm for its work in the “virtual office” field.
• Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
• Member, Executive Committee
• Member, Board of Governors
• Member, MEGA CPE Conference Committee
• Member, Accounting Show Committee
• Trustee, Educational Foundation, Inc.
• Member and Former Chair, Continuing Professional Education Committee
Honors and Awards include:
• Outstanding Discussion Leader, FICPA
• Outstanding Author, FICPA
• Distinguished Discussion Leader, New York Society of CPAs
• Outstanding Committee Award, FICPA