Paul Perry, FHFMA, CISM, CITP, CPA
Member, Security, Risk and Controls Practice Leader
Warren Averett, LLC
Paul Perry has been with the Firm since 2004 and is a Member and the practice leader of the Security, Risk and Controls Group. Paul and his team focus on cybersecurity, information technology related projects, risk assessments, internal controls, internal audit and control-related projects, including System and Organization Control engagements.
Paul is also the leader of the Firm’s Data Analysis Group, a team of individuals within the Firm who provide data analysis solutions to both internal and external clients. For more than 11 years, he specialized in auditing and assurance services. Paul has extensive experience serving clients in the nonprofit, governmental, financial, insurance and healthcare facilities/hospital industries during this time. Paul has earned the Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) certification. This credential is awarded to CPAs who possess both information technology and business expertise.
Paul is a thought leader, published columnist and regular speaker on topics such as cybersecurity, data analysis, internal controls and information technology. In the last three years, Paul performs 20+ external presentations on a wide variety of technology and control related topics to groups including corporate clients, ASCPA, HFMA, IIA and ISACA.
• Healthcare Financial Management Association
• Information Systems Audit and Control Association
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Troy University Sorrell College of Business, Executive Advisory Council Member
• AICPA, Information Management and Technology Assurance Executive Committee Member
• Alabama Society of CPAs, Board of Directors Member
Ask Me About
• Specializing in accounting and financial reporting issues for health care entities
• Providing clients with advice on improvements to internal controls • Importance of creating a cybersecurity minded society